- Start your 30 day
free trial now
- Start your 30 day
free trial now
|Editions and Licensing
Editions and Licensing
Print Manager Plus®can be installed as Standard or Premium edition, which is licensed per printer audited. The product install changes nothing in the Windows infrastructure and relies only upon the standard Windows print subsystem. Larger enterprises running Windows Cluster, Core Services, Remote Desktop based networks are also fully supported.
|Scalability and System Requirements
Scalability and System Requirements
Print Manager Plus® can be easily engineered, installed and administered for any size workgroup, network, or enterprise.
Primary and Satellite Installations
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022 and Clustered Server. Windows Workstation 10/11.
Print Server Based Networks Supported
- Supports Printing via Windows Print Server from: Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, and all other operating systems, including Chromebook, iPad and other mobile platforms
Direct IP Based Networks Supported
- Supports Direct IP printing via tracking agent for Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022 and Clustered Server. Windows Workstation 10/11.
Includes Microsoft SQL Express
- Installation will by default install and configure SQL Express Database which supports up to 10,000 Print jobs per day on a single, or multiple server and workstation setup.
SQL Server Supported
- Supports Enterprise installations of database to existing network Microsoft SQL Server 2008 through 2019.
Standard, Enterprise or Datacenter Editions recommended when printing more than 10,000 Jobs per day.
Network Authentication Supported
- Print jobs routed through a Windows Print Server and Workstation will be audited no matter the originating operating system. Once the print job has spooled through the print driver, auditing of network sources is completed integrating with:
- - Active Directory
- - Ldap
- - Workgroup Setup using Local Username and Password
- - Custom Usernames and Groups
Mobile Printing Supported (Premium Edition)
- Through the web portal, users can log in from inside or outside of the intranet. Once they log in using their credentials, they are walked through a simple wizard that allows them to upload or select an existing document, choose a printer and print options, and then submit the print job for printing via any browser, iPad App, Windows Driver and Chromebook using Gdoc authentication.
|Usability and Installation
Usability and Installation
The product usability is simple with an easy installation and setup, and complete integration with Windows. Print Manager Plus® 9.0 will literally run itself. Installation can be completed easily on any sized network and the product interface will detect and conform to what network tools are available if any.
The installation options for the product are many, from a full install or Advanced Options that cover individual installations of the Administrator, Print Client and Tracking Service. Visit our support page for all instructions here support.printmanager.com
The Web Portal, which includes, Web Printing, Balances, Release Station, Payments, History, Reporting and Scheduling is translated in 20 languages for use by most of the world.
Translated into 20 Languages:
> Chinese (simplified)
> Chinese (traditional)
> Portuguese (BR)
|Printer Data Audited
Printer Data Audited
Print Manager Plus® parses separate print languages written by manufacturers for their hardware. This enables the software to track the data needed for a complete audit of all printing traffic for any printer type.
Printers Audited include:
- Dot Matrix Printers (All Manufacturers)
- InkJet Printers (All Manufacturers)
- Laser Printers (All Manufacturers)
- Large Format Printers (All Manufacturers)
- Plotters (All Manufactures)
- Multifunctional Printers (All Manufacturers)
- Label Printers (All Manufacturers)
Print Job Metrics Audited Include:
- Estimated Time to Print
- Number of Total Pages
- Number of Black and White Pages
- Number of Color Pages
- Number of Copies
- Page Size
- Color vs. B/W Pages
- N-Up Pages
- Document Title
- Printing Bandwidth
- Date and Time
- Large Format Printer by Area
- Large Format Printer by Job Length
- RAW/Plain Text
- Metric System
- Printer Name
- Printer IP Address
- Printer language
- Printer Port
- Printer Manufacture
- Printer Driver / Model
- Printer Location
- Printer Groups
|Network Data Audited
Network Data Audited
Print jobs routed through a Windows Print Server and Workstation will be audited no matter the originating operating system. Once the print job has spooled through the print driver, auditing of network sources is completed.
Network Data Collected includes:
- Active Directory Supported
- Estimated Time to Print
- Ldap Supported
- Custom Active Directory LDAP Fields
- User Name
- Full Name
- User Object-Guid
- Workgroup and Local Users
- Custom Users
- User Group
- Custom User Group
- Organizational Unit
- Server Name
- Workstation Name
- Workstation IP Address
- Email Address
|Printing Costs Audited
Printing Costs Audited
Print job data is translated into specific datasets that can be used for full featured auditing and cost analysis.
Assign Printing Costs to include:
- Set Cost per Color vs. B/W Page
- Set Cost by Page Size
- Set Cost by Squared Unit (Metric or Imperial)
- Set Cost by Total Length
- Set by Cost Profile
- Assign Cost Profile by Model or Manufacturer
- Specify Custom Balance by Printer or Cost Profile
- Exclude Printer from Balance Checks and Deduction
- Discount Cost for Duplex printing
- Discount Cost for N-Up printing
- Discount Cost for Draft Mode. (Currently supports Hewlett Packard Economode.)
- All Currencies Supported
- Worldwide Paper Size Standards Supported
- Create Custom Paper Sizes
- Auto Learning of new Page Sizes
The Web-based reports enable easy and precise budget planning and flow data. They have been localized in 20 languages, including: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, Finish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
Reports, Charts, and Dashboards Features include:
- Web Based Reports and Dashboard
- Select Date and Time Range
- Export Reports and Charts in PDF, CSV, XLS and many other formats
- Print Reports and Charts
- * Schedule Reports daily, weekly and monthly
- * Report Delivery via email, or file share
- Drill Downs
- Sort, View and Filter Options
- Search Options
- Quick Reports on User, Group, OU, Printer, Client and Server from Administrator
- Report Filters and Options saved for quick Rerun
- User Reports
- Department Reports
- Organizational Unit Reports
- ** Billing Reports and Statement
- Workstation Reports
- Server Reports
- Printer Reports
- Printer Group Reports
- Bandwidth Reports
- * Savings Reports
- Environmental Impact Reports
- Administrative Reports
- My Reports - End User Individual Reporting
- * These features are included in the Standard and Premium Editions only.
- ** These features are included in the Premium Edition only.
Customized Print History and Export:
- Build your own custom Detailed or Summary Report
- Export to CSV or XLS
- Customize Columns and Sorting
- Customize Grouping
- Reports by Custom LDAP Fields
Print Manager Plus® has been fully integrated with Active Directory. The product can be set up to have multiple views of the interface. The system’s admin rights allow for a master administrator to assign rights to lower lever managers.
Administrative Right Features include:
- Assign Admin rights by existing Active Directory user
- Assign Admin rights by Custom User
- Restrict management and reporting of Users by Domain, Groups and Organizational Unit
- Restrict management and reporting of Printers by Print Server and Printer
- Allow Admins and Managers to View or manipulate Certain Functions
- Allow Admins and Managers only to run reports on their Assignments
- Allow Report Scheduling per Admin
- Allow Administration of Clients and Project Settings, Accounts and History
- Allow Retract and re-credit of Balance
The Print Manager Plus® interface is divided into tabs depending on how the software is integrated.
Interface Features include:
- Intuitive and User friendly Interface
- Run Administrator Interface your from Desktop
- View Users, User Groups, OUs, and Devices
- Change Views and Sort functions on each screen
- Sizable Columns for easy Viewing
- Rearrange and turn columns on and off
- Items Grouped by Category
- Search and Filter Functions
- View Live Lists of Active Directory Users, Groups and Ous
- View Live Lists of Print Queues and Devices
- Live Services Tab for Device Inventory, Licensing and Updates
- Update Server and Workstation Print Manager Services remotely from Interface
- Stop, Start and Restart Print Manager Services remotely from Interface
- Reboot Servers and Workstations remotely after update if needed.
- Health Status Checks on Services and Devices
- Auto notification via pop-ups and email of Health Status Checks on Services and Devices
|Printing Security and Privacy
Printing Security and Privacy
Printing Security and Privacy includes:
- Authenticate by Workgroup
- Authenticate by Active Directory
- Authenticate by Ldap
- Authenticate by custom Print Manager Plus® Users
- Delete, Pause, Hold or Confirm Print Job if User not recognized
- Hold Print Job for User Verification via Client Pop-Up Message
- Delete, Hold, or Allow Print Jobs if No Verification is completed
- Allow End Users or only Administrators and Manager to Release Print Jobs
- Mask Document Title, Username/Full Name on the interface and in all reports
- TLS Required and Preferred options allow Administrators to ensure TLS is required for maximum security
- Security for OpenSSL, Crypto and other Libraries.
|Events and Delivery Notifications
Events and Delivery Notifications
Print Manager Plus® can deliver notifications through a desktop-based print client (Windows 8/10/11 and Mac OSX supported) tray icon, pop-up message, email, and/or via log-in to the web portal (any browser supported).
User Notification Features include:
- Desktop Print Client providing Quota and Print Job Information for Windows and Mac OSX.
- Web Based Quota and job information via Web Portal. Supports any browser.
- Send Payment Receipts via Email
- Low Quota Notification via Print Client Pop-Up Message and/or Email
- Quota Exceeded Notification via Print Client Pop-Up Message and/or Email
- Restriction Met Notification via Print Client Pop-Up Message and/or Email
- Rule Met Notification via Print Client Pop-Up Message and/or Email
- Specialized detection and support for SMTP via Gmail, G-Suite and Office 365
Administrator Events and Notification Features include:
- Rule Met Notification via Email and save spool file automatically.
- Printer Error Notification via Email and Pop-Up to Administrator (Offline, Error Printing, Paper Jam, Paper Out, Paper Problem, Low Toner, Toner Out, Out of Memory, Printer Door Open, Printer Not Available)
- Print Manager Plus® Service Error Notification via Email to Administrator
- Automatic Emails and Pop-Up on Health Status Checks on Services and Devices
- Schedule Reports, Charts and Statements Delivery via Email
- Schedule Reports, Charts and Statements Delivery to a shared directory
|Printing Quotas and Budgets
Printing Quotas and Budgets
Organizations can set hard quotas on a single user or multiple users via user groups and organizational units, as well as advanced secondary cash quotas when charging for printing. Budgets can be set on user groups, and organizational units, essentially setting a soft quota.
Quota and Budget Features include:
- Set User Quota by Currency Balance
- Set User Quota by Secondary Cash Balance
- Set User Quota by simple Page Count
- Set User Quota by simple Page Count with separate B/W and Color Quotas
- Create Custom Quotas
- Set Quota used per Printer or Cost Profile
- Exclude certain printers or cost profiles from quota checks
- Supports Negative Balance (Soft Quota)
- Set a Printing Budget Balance on User Group or Organizational Unit
- Pause, Delete, Hold, Allow or Confirm Print Jobs when quota is insufficient
- Notification of a low balance
- Notification via Print Client Pop-Up Message and/or Email
Group and OU Balance Settings
- Set a balance priority by Group by Lowest Priority.
- Set a balance priority by Group by Highest Starting Balance.
- Set a balance priority by Group by Lowest Starting Balance.
- Set a balance by Users Primary Group membership in Active Directory.
- Automatically refresh Group and OU memberships.
|Printing Restrictions and Rules
Printing Restrictions and Rules
Organizations can set printing restrictions or rules by printer or per users directly or user groups, and organizational units. Printing rules can be created and saved, allowing multiple restrictions to be set and placed in a selected order.
Printing Restrictions and Rules include:
- Restrict Users, Groups, OUs and Printers
- Create Customized Restriction Based Rules
- Restrict Number of Pages per job
- Restrict Number of Copies per job
- Restrict Duplicate Printing
- Restrict Page Size
- Restrict Print Job Size (Whitelist or Blacklist)
- Restrict Print Job Cost
- Restrict or Allow by Text Strings in Document Title (Whitelist or Blacklist)
- Restrict or Allow Duplex
- Restrict or Allow Printing by Time of Day
- Restrict if Print Job contains Color
- Restrict if Print Job is only Black and White
- Restrict if Print Job is Collated or not
- Estimated Time to Print feature allows printer speed settings be enabled that allow the product to estimate how long the printer will be occupied with a specific job.
- Printer in Error Restriction that can prevent users from submitting new print jobs to a queue based on Printer State.
- Pause, Delete, Hold or Confirm job upon Restriction
- Customize Order Rules and Restrictions are checked
- Allow Restrictions and Rules provide exceptions to other rules and restrictions
- Customize Rule and Restriction Action and Message per User, Group, OU, Printer
- Notification via Print Client Pop-Up Message and/or Email
- Notification Administrator when Rule is met via Email
- Save copy of print job spool file when Rule is met
The release station is a web portal designed to allow jobs held for release by a Print Manager Plus® rule, restriction or setting to be viewed and released from the Web by the end user, manager or administrator, depending on configuration. The Release Station is localized in 20 languages, including: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, Finish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
Release Station Features include:
- Web Based Release Station for Network printing
- Attended Release of Print Jobs
- User Rights setting who can view and release jobs
- Print Job Timeout and Auto Cleanup of old jobs
- Supports Locally Attached Printers on Workstations
- Pop-Up notification for users when job is held for release with an optional link to the web portal
|Client and Project Billing
Client and Project Billing
Many professional services organizations need to bill back their printing expenses to their clients, projects or departments. Print Manager Plus® offers a complete software-based billing system that supports printing and billing needs, offers transparency and ease of use to every level of user and changes nothing about the network configuration.
The software allows for clients, accounts and codes to be billed back to a central database each time a user prints from a workstation or through the web portal from a mobile device. Keeping track of all print job characteristics allows the system to create statements for automatic emailing.
Client and Project Billing Features include:
- Create Accounts, Projects and Pin Codes
- Import Accounts, Projects and Pin Codes
- Create Sub Accounts and Projects
- Import Sub Accounts and Projects
- Add Full Contact Details of Account
- Active or Non-Active Settings
- Billable or Non-Billable Settings
- Set Cost Markup by Percentage on Billable Jobs
- Password protect clients and projects
- Force Client Billing Module when Printing on Workstation
- Set Print Job Timeout and Auto Delete if Print Client Ignored
- Allow Batch Billing of from Print Client
- Allow Client Creation from Print Client
- Allow selection of Billable/Non-Billable from Print Client
- Allow comments for Print Jobs from Print Client
- Supports Client and Project billing on top of Existing Authentication and Confirmation Options
- Create Account Statements from Reports
- Create Expense and Income Reports
- Schedule Automatic Delivery of Statement via Email or Save to Folder Share
- Export Statements in PDF, XLS and other common formats
- Bill past print jobs to Clients from History Web Page
End User Billing Print Client:
- Client Billing Print Client for Workstation (Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac OSX) Pop-Up.
- Choose a Client and Sub Account based on Server settings
- Auto Complete for Quick Billing
- Save commonly billed Clients and Projects to Favorites
- Full Job Information and Metrics Shown
- Displays Billing timer
- Shows number of jobs left in Queue to be billed by User
- Turn on Batch Billing for all Jobs in Queue, or for a time period
- Create new Clients, and Sub Accounts when printing
- Optionally add job comments
- Ability to Cancel Pending jobs
Users can deduct print jobs from their existing Print Manager Plus® paid balance or pay for individual jobs through a payment gateway. This web page can also be used by a cashier and they can receive payment and manually add or deduct from the users balance. The Payment Portal is localized in 20 languages, including: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, Finish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
Payment Portal Features include:
- Balance Page in Web Portal for Users or Cashier to Add a Credit or Debit
- Manually Add a Credit to Balance
- Manually Add a Debit to Balance
- Purchase printing credit in bulk from the Balance page
- Pay for Print when Balance runs out from the Release Station
- Built-in cart with purchase forms and landing page.
- Set minimum purchase amount
- Add additional fee to transactions
- Set Payment Receipts via Email
- Allow up to two sales taxes to be added to receipt
- Rich user receipt system for User and Administrative notification of purchased for record keeping and accountability.
Payment Portal Accounting includes:
- Debit/Credit reporting
- Live Payment Authorizations portal under History showing, TransactionID, Vendor, Purchaser, Account, Payment Date, Subtotal, Fees & Taxes, Total
- Schedule Transactions data to be saved to Share or scheduled to email as .PDF .CSV or Excel to appropriate Accounting personnel
Payment Gateways supported include:
- CyberSource Secure Acceptance Web / Mobile
- PayPal Payments Pro
- PayPal Payflow Pro
- More to come...
Through the web portal, users can log in from inside or outside of the intranet. Once they log in using their network credentials, they are walked through a simple wizard that allows them to upload or select an existing document, choose a printer and print options, and then submit the print job for printing. Web Print is localized in 20 languages, including: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, Finish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
File Types Supported for Upload
- PDF - .pdf
- Images Files - .jpg, .gif, .png, .tif, .bmp, .wpf, .emf
- Documents - .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .wps
- Spreadsheets - .xls, .xlsx, .csv
- Presentations - .ppt, .pptx
Printing Cloud Features include:
- Web Based Administrative Interface for Mobile Printing
- Web Based Mobile Printing Wizard
- Preview Print Jobs
- Printer Status
- Set Print Options including Color, Grayscale, Duplex, N-Up (multiple pages per sheet) and page ranges
- Allow upload of documents to be saved and Printed later
- Optionally hold web prints for Web Release
- Authenticate Mobile Uploads by Workgroup
- Authenticate Mobile Uploads by Active Directory
- Authenticate Mobile Uploads by Ldap
- Authenticate Mobile Uploads by custom Print Manager Plus® Users
- Upload Print Job via Web Page
- Upload Print Job via iPad App WebPrint
- Upload Print Job via Web Page from Android, ChromeBook, Slate and Surface Tablets
- Upload Print Job via Print Manager Windows Driver for Desktop or Laptop
- Group Printer Locations by Windows Location field, Print Server or Printer Group
- Automatic Cover Sheet Option for Job Accountability
- Enforce Windows Permissions for Mobile Printing
- Bill WebPrints to Clients and Projects
Printing Cloud Client Support
Upload and submit print jobs from the following supported sources
- Browse Document Upload from Internet Explorer, Chrome Safari, Firefox and more from any operating system
- Chromebook Google Docs support using Open Authentication support
- WebPrint for Print Manager Plus® iPad Uploader app
- Windows WebPrint driver allowing printing from any Application
Printing Cloud Administrative Settings
- Group Printers for User experience when selecting one by Windows "Location" field, Printer Group Name as location or Server Name as location.
- Set Web Print Storage Options to allow Max. file size upload, Max. file storage per user, Max. total file storage and Delete uploaded files after so many minutes, hours or days.
- Set what types of files can be uploaded.
|Informational and Configuration APIs
Informational and Configuration APIs
An object-oriented set of .NET APIs provides access to a basic user directory and tracking information for Print Manager Plus®.
Informational and Configuration APIs Features includes:
The following types of objects can be queried and configured:
Settings and options can be viewed, changed and set on each object type as supported.
- Organizational Units
- Cost Profiles
- Default and Custom Actions
- Page Costs
- Start your 30 day
free trial now
- Start your 30 day
free trial now